It is vital to care for your carpet.
They can last longer if you take care of them. If you do not have them cleaned on a regular basis, they will not only look bad, but you’ll need to replace them sooner than expected. This could cost you thousands of dollars.
Here are 8 important tips to maintaining your carpets.
- Don’t eat or do other activities thought could produce stains or spills. If there is a spill clean it up as soon as possible. The longer you wait the harder if will be to clean.
- Changing the flow of traffic in your carpeted rooms will increase the life of your carpet. The easiest to do this is by occasionally rearranging your furniture.
- Put coasters or pads under the legs of heavy furniture. This will spread out the weight of the furniture and reduce crushing and indentations in the carpet.
- Don’t expose your carpet to the sun for long periods of time. This may lead them to deteriorate and fade the color over time.
- Remove your shoes when in your home. Since your family walks on your carpets more than anyone else, removing your shoes will greatly reduce the amount of grime and dirt that will get in your carpet.
- Throw rugs and mats placed at the entrance of your home will remove some of the dirt from people’s shoes before it gets into your carpet. Remember to clean them occasionally, or they won’t be as effective over time.
- Vacuum your carpet on a regular basis. This will remove dirt and soil that could get ground into your carpet which will make it wear quicker. Remember to change the vacuum bag often and vacuum often in different directions.
- It’s recommended that you have your carpets cleaned on an annual basis. This will remove ground in dirt that causes your carpet to wear more quickly.